New English word? Translate any word using double click.
Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
Today we are going to learn how to cook an essential part of Britain´s most traditional dish- Sunday Roast.
Sunday Roast is not Sunday Roast if it doesn’t have Yorkshire Pudding- quick, easy and delicious to make, originally a poor man’s supplement to pad out the meal- Now the Queen has it on her table!
Yorkshire is also a very good place to learn English, as it is not as well-known as places like Cambridge, Oxford and London, and so you are less likely to be with other Spanish speakers. If you are interested in improving your English in Leeds (Yorkshire), have a look at these courses on offer, and the prices…
Start by making a list of the ingredients:
115g _________ __________
splash of ____________
1. What do you do with the eggs?
2. When should you stop beating the egg-flour mix?
3. What type of milk do you have to add? And how much water?
4. What old wives’ tale does the cook insist is not true?
5. What different types of oil can be used to make Yorkshire Puddings?
– Beef dripping
6. What 2 different options of oven temperature are you given? What does it depend on?
7. What mustn’t you do?
8. How long do the Yorkshire Puddings take to cook?
Ideas for writing? Tell us your favourite recipe! If you don’t have any, you should look at this great cooking blog- Juan Diego’s Healthy and Simple Cooking Blog. It does just what it says; Simple, healthy recipes, and it’s a good way to keep practising your English!
Leave your name and email to get the answers. You will also receive a free e-book and a chance to have a free Skype class with me. Click here for more information
And here, give us one of you recipes! (or write whatever you like)