New English word? Translate any word using double click.
After the break-up of her marriage with the heir to the British throne, Prince Charles, this interview with BBC´s ‘Panorama’ programme is one of the most famous of television history. In this extract, Princess Diana talks about her unpopularity within palace circles, the possibility of Charles not reigning, and the future of her son, Prince William.
Read these Questions:
1. Do you think the way you behave has precluded you, effectively, from becoming Queen?
2. Why do they see you as a threat?
3. Do you think the Prince of Wales will ever be King?
4. You know him better than most people- do you think he would wish to be King?
5. Do you think it would make more sense …. if the position of Monarch passed directly to your son, Prince William?
6. Would it be your wish that when Prince William came of age, he were to succeed the Queen rather than the Prince of Wales?
Before watching the video, try to match the interview questions (1-6) above with extracts of the answers (A-G) below:
A) It’s a very demanding role
B) My wish is that my husband finds peace of mind
C) Who knows what circumstances will provoke?
E) I think every strong woman in history has had to walk down a similar path.
F) Do you want a burden like that to be put on his shoulders at such an age?
G) They see me as a threat
Now watch the video and check your answers:
Now, fill in the gaps:
‘It was during this interview that Diana herself coined the phrase ‘Queen of People’s Hearts’. It stuck, particularly after her 1)_________ two years later.
Her tragic accident unleashed an outpouring of grief rarely equalled. Diana 2) ___________ a terrible price for her 3)_____________, but she also used it to improve the lives of millions who suffered. It’s for that reason we 4)_____________ her as Diana, Queen of Hearts.’
Leave your name and email to get the answers. You will also receive a free e-book and a chance to have a free Skype class with me. Click here for more information