New English word? Translate any word using double click.
Here are some sentences about a holiday on a canal boat. For each question, complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first. Use no more than three words. You can check your answers below.
8 MINUTE TIMER:
This exercise should not take more than 8 minutes. Use this timer to help you.
We had not been on a canal boat for two years.
It was two years __SINCE__ we had been on a canal boat.
1. It took us a long time to decide where to go.
We spent a long time ______________ where to go.
2. The boat did not move very quickly down the river.
The boat moved very ________________ down the river.
3. We could not fish in many parts of the river.
We were not ______________ fish in many parts of the river.
4. There was a small kitchen on the boat.
The boat ________________ a small kitchen.
5. The sun shone every day of the boat trip.
It was __________________ every day of the boat trip.
Use this notebook to write your (provisional) answers.
Write 1, 2 or 3 words in CAPITAL LETTERS only.