New English word? Translate any word using double click.
These are all places in a city. Try to guess what they are without looking at the clues below!
Estos son sitios de una ciudad. ¡Intenta adivinar sin mirar las pistas al final!
1. This is where you go to send a letter.
2. This is a good place to go shopping when the weather is bad – there are lots of shops indoors.
3 & 4. If you want to have a drink and talk with friends, you can go to a _____ or a _______.
5. This shop sells all types of meat: chicken, lamb chops, minced beef….
6. Older cities often have lots of tourists who want to visit the _____ or the ________.
7 & 8. This is usually in the centre of the city. It’s an open space for people to walk in. This is where you can find the __________, if you need to talk to the authorities.
9. This shop sells lots of things – most importantly newspapers and magazines, but also basic groceries (eggs, milk, bread….) tobacco, paracetamol…
10. Remember that in the UK you have to drive around the left, or you will have an accident!
11. If you want to cross a river or a railway, you need to go over a ________.
12. This shop sells bread, cakes….
13. If you lose your bag or if a criminal steals your money, you should go to the _______.
14. If you need petrol for your car, you have to go to the _________.
15 & 16. When two streets meet. Usually there are some ________ so that there aren’t any accidents.
17 & 18. There are many types of road. In the city they are usually called _________ , although the most important are often called ___________
19 & 20. If you want to buy a book, you must go to a _________, but if you don’t want to spend money you could go to the _________.
BRIDGE – LIBRARY – SHOPPING CENTRE – STREETS – BUTCHER – POLICE STATION – CATHEDRAL – NEWSAGENTS – SQUARE – CAFÉ – ROUNDABOUT – TOWN / CITY HALL – BAKER – POST OFFICE – BOOKSHOP – TRAFFIC LIGHTS – AVENUES – PUB or BAR – CASTLE – CROSSROADS