‘Going to’ Homework
1. You take your umbrella and leave the house. You look up at the sky- It’s black and cloudy. What’s going to happen?
It’s going to rain
2. You see a man at the bus stop, looking at his watch. What is he going to do?
He‘s going to catch/take/get a bus
3. It’s starting to rain! Just as well (=menos mal) you have your umbrella. What are you going to do?
I‘m going to open the umbrella
4. With the umbrella in one hand and your mobile phone in the other, you send a quick message to your friend: “SPORTS BAR- 8:00” What are you and your friend going to do?
We‘re going to the bar/We’re going to go to the bar/We’re going to meet at the bar
5. It’s 2 miles to the bar and now it’s raining very hard. You see a taxi and raise your arm. What’s the taxi going to do? What are you going to do?
The taxi is going to stop
I‘m going to catch/get/take the taxi
6. At last! You get to the bar. Your friend is waiting for you, but you don’t sit down. You say something and go to the bar. What did you say?
I‘m going to get a drink
7. Football! The match starts: Liverpool vs. Manchester United. After 20 minutes, the Liverpool striker takes the ball and goes past 1, 2, 3 Manchester defenders….
He‘s going to score!!!!!!
8. Your friend is quiet and grumpy but you are very happy! It’s Liverpool 3 Man. Utd 0, with only 10 minutes left to play.
They (Liverpool)are going to win!