New English word? Translate any word using double click.
Practise your Listening skills with this First Certificate test from Cambridge English, level B2 – with questions, notes and corrections.
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. Choose the best answer A, B or C. You will hear the recording twice.
- Usually all three options are mentioned in the exercises. Read the question carefully to avoid confusions.
- In some questions it is difficult to guess the correct answer. In this case, try to find out what the answer cannot be.
Use this notebook to write your provisional answers.
1. You hear a critic on the radio talking about a book. What is his main criticism of the book?
A) The style is poor.
B) The plot is too complicated.
C) The characters are not believable.
2. You hear someone talking about a time when she was a student abroad. What did she particulary like?
A) The school she studied at.
B) The town she stayed in.
C) The family she stayed with.
3. You hear a radio interviewer introducing a guest. Who is the guest?
A) A scientist.
B) A businessman.
C) An inventor.
4. You hear a caller on a radio phone-in programme. What feeling does the caller express?
5. You hear a part of a radio interview. Who is being interviewed?
A) A customer at a shop.
B) The manager of a shop.
C) Someone who lives near a shop.
6. You hear someone talking on a public telephone. What does she want the other person to do?
A) Explain something he said.
C) Give an honest opinion.
7. You hear someone talking at an information desk in an airport. What is his situation?
A) He has missed his flight.
B) He has come to meet someone.
C) He thinks there is a message for him.
8. You hear the presenter talking at the beginning of a radio programme. What is the programme going to be about?
A) How to eat healthily.
B) New food products.
C) Eating habits.