New English word? Translate any word using double click.
False Friends :
1. Someone who is responsible and can be relied on.
2. Studies- it can be engineering, hairdressing, IT, distance…
3. The academic period, usually Sept/Oct – Jun/Jul, OR the level you have reached in your studies. “I’m in the fifth…… of secondary school”.
4. Cold meat which comes from pork.
5. Someone or something which is easily hurt or affected.
6. A series of jobs that you have had or plan to have in a specific field (NOT a university degree).
7. In fact.., It so happens… (What is true is…)
8. A place where you borrow books (not buy them).
9. To help, advise or supervise someone.
10. When you go to a meeting, class, etc.
11. When you feel silly and turn red.
12. Made of fruit and sugar, you put it on bread or toast…
13. When you have a blocked digestive system.
14. You want other people to think something about you that isn’t true.
15. Two people don’t know each other. You help them meet.
(1. sensible 2. course 3. year 4. ham 5. sensitive 6. career 7. actually 8. library 9. assist 10. attend 11. embarrassed 12. jam 13. constipated 14. pretend 15. introduce)