New English word? Translate any word using double click.
These are very common errors in written English. Even native English speakers make these mistakes because they have the same pronunciation. This is not an excuse: They are unforgiveable!
Let’s have a look:
- They’re = THEY ARE my cousins. (VERB ‘TO BE’)
- Their = THEIR toys (= my cousin’s toys) are in their box. (POSSESSIVE)
- There = The box is over THERE (= in that direction) (ADVERB OF PLACE)
- It’s = IT IS a teddy bear. (VERB ‘TO BE’)
- Its = ITS eye (= the bear’s eye) is missing. (POSSESSIVE)
- You’re = YOU ARE a really funny person! (VERB ‘TO BE’)
- Your = YOUR sense of humour (= the person’s sense of humour) is great! (POSSESSIVE)
Correct these mistakes!
Employees must wash THEIR hands….
“Birth of a Nation” made ITS Washington Premiere here.
They won’t even know THEY’RE learning.
Perfection has ITS price.
YOU’RE the best teacher ever.
THEY’RE made from something deep inside themselves.